The Iyengar Yoga Studio
Our beautiful yoga studio was designed by Dean Hawkes and is dedicated to Iyengar yoga. We have been teaching students in and around East Finchley since January 2007 and offer classes to meet every need and level of experience.
We are now welcoming students back ‘live’ to the Studio, with a maximum of six per class. Online classes, using Zoom technology, will also continue for the foreseeable future, and we aim to make these friendly, personalised and affordable. Check the timetable for all class details – a summary of which is included on the Home Page.
If you haven’t been to classes with us before and would like to find out more, email us at email@example.com and include your phone number so we can give you a call.
The Iyengar Yoga Studio is an Affiliated Centre of the Iyengar Yoga Association UK and every teacher is a fully certified Association member. For more details about teachers at the Studio click here.
COVID ALERT LEVEL
The COVID19 alert level for London is ‘High’ (Tier 2), from midnight on 16 October 2020 until further notice. This does not affect how the Studio is currently operating; we are still welcoming up to six students to ‘live’ classes, and we are know we can count on your co-operation in following out safety measures (follow the link in the notice below for details).
Foundation course – expression of interest
If you are interested in joining a six week introductory course for people new to Iyengar yoga please write to us (firstname.lastname@example.org). Sessions will last an hour and (subject to Government restrictions) will be conducted ‘live’ at the Studio for a maximum of 6 people. The price is £75.00 for six classes and includes a new yoga mat and yoga belt. We have detailed measures in place to reduce the risk of virus transmission, which you can see here: http://www.tiys.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/Safety-measures-student-notice-1.pdf
‘Live’ and online classes
Face-to-face teaching at the Studio has resumed for many classes currently on offer, with a maximum of six students. Most of these classes are also being conducted simultaneously on Zoom, although people in the Studio are not visible to those attending online. See the timetable for details of classes. A summary is given below.
A summary of the classes currently on offer is given below. If you are interested in attending any of these please email email@example.com, or contact the teacher directly using the details given on the ‘teachers’ page.
- Mon 9.30am (General – Patsy 90 mins) (Online)
- Mon 6.00pm (General – Kate 90 mins) (Online)
- Mon 8.00pm (Beginners – Gene 90 mins) (Studio and online)
- Tues 9.30am (General/beginners – Wendy 90 mins) (Studio and online)
- Tues 9.30am (Therapy – Patsy 90 mins) (Online)
- Tues 6.15pm (Beginners – Gene 75 mins) (Studio and online)
- Tues 8.00pm (General – Wendy 90 mins) (Studio and online)
- Wed 9.30am (General/beginners – Wendy 90 mins) (Studio and online)
- Wed 11.15am (Intermediate – Patsy 120 mins)
- Thurs 9.30am (General – Tessa 90 mins) (Online)
- Thurs 11.30am (Gentle/post therapy – Tessa 90 mins) (Online)
- Thurs 6.15 (General/intermediate – Nita 90 mins) (Online)
- Fri 9.30am (General – Patsy 90 minutes) (Online)
- Sat 9.30am (General – Wendy 90 mins) (Studio and online)
- Sat 11.30am (Beginners – Wendy 75 mins) (Studio and online)
- Sun 10.00am (Sunday class – Gene 90 mins) (Studio and online)
Disclaimer: Please note that students taking online classes assume responsibility for any risks injuries or damages known or unknown which they may incur as a result.